How to participate to«Fête de la musique»in Shanghai?
The founding principles of the ‘Fête de la Musique’ are:
- The ‘Fête de la Musique’ takes place each year on the weekend closest to June 21st, the first day of summer.
- The purpose of this lively and festive celebration of music is to highlight the wide diversity of musical practices, both by amateurs and by professionals, whatever their nationalities, in any musical genre.
- All concerts are free to the public.
The Shanghai Mass Art Center and the Cultural Service of the French Consulate in Shanghai jointly:
- Promote the concept of ‘Fête de la Musique’ and its values
- Work in partnership with the Municipality of Shanghai to build the reputation of the event
- Gather the required documents to get the necessary authorizations from the Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture, Radio, Film and Television
- Coordinate overall communications for the concerts of ‘Fête de la Musique’
- Design the official visual
Who finances it?
It is the responsibility of each project organizer / venue manager to find the financial support they need to organize their concert / musical event. The Cultural Service of the French Consulate has no production budget and therefore is unable to provide financial support for the events.
Who can join in?
Many types of venues, both private and public, can participate in the ‘Fête de la Musique’ including shopping centers, museums, art galleries, restaurants, cultural spaces etc. Every musician or group wishing to take part in the ‘Fête de la Musique’ must first partner with a venue to obtain the required authorizations (see below). If the venue hosting the event already has a permit from the Municipality of Shanghai allowing it to organize public events, it does not need to send us the documents indicated below.
For any questions or advice, please contact the Cultural Service team.
To be part of the ‘Fête de la Musique’ in Shanghai, each project organizer /venue manager must obtain the required authorizations below:
- A first authorization regarding the content of the project. This should be obtained from the Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture, Radio, Film and Television through the Cultural Service of the Consulate. (Details below)
- A second authorization regarding the organization of a public event. This should be obtained by the owner of the venue from the Public Security Bureau of the district in which it is located.
In order to obtain the first authorization, please send us (ie the Cultural Service of the French Consulate) the following documents:
According to the regulation recording performing arts in Shanghai, the event organizer has to provide the following information:
- Group description + number of group members + name of every member of the group (word form)
- Set list (in original language and in Chinese, word form )
- Foreign artists’ passport numbers + first page of passport scan (jpeg form)
- Audio tracks (general audio format)
Registration on the website
It is compulsory for each project organizer to register on the website of the ‘Fête de la Musique’ in Shanghai. The project organizer must create an account on the website where he or she should enter all the information regarding the venue and the event being organized. This account will enable the organizer to:
- record and access required information about venues, artists and concerts;
- easily get in touch with the Cultural Service of the French Consulate;
- provide information quickly;
- have access to the overall communications material regarding the ‘Fête de la Musique’
Communications for the the ‘Fête de la Musique’ are carried out through two channels:
- Each participating venue’s own communication networks
- The French Consulate Cultural Service, which provides overall communications through a dedicated website and a dedicated mobile application, as well as through its existing communication networks (newsletter, website), and via its media partners.
Once a project has been approved according to the principles of the the ‘Fête de la Musique’, each project organizer will be entitled to make use of the name and the official visual of the the ‘Fête de la Musique’. The project organizer may ask the Cultural Service for the use of pull-ups, backdrops and posters: such requests should be made when registering on the website.
If the project owner wishes to make some modifications, a detailed model will be sent in order for him to respect the procedure and the aspect of the visual. Before publishing the final result, he should send it to the SCAC which will validate the project.